Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Ride to Victory Translation Part 7: Nagisa

←Part 6
Park


Outofthewayoutofthewayoutoftheway~

Scene fades to white and back. Nagisa slides up from the bottom of the screen.



...Ow-wow-wow. Hey, watch where you're going! Eh? I ran into you? I gotcha. I was looking for Kamui-chan so I ran into you by mistake. I'm sorry.



Eww. I thought I heard a familiar voice...so it was Nagisa, huh?



Kamui-chan, found you! Now, let's go on a date!


Y, you're kidding. Why should Kamui the great have to date you!



Again with that. Kamui-chan, don't be shy. It's because I'm cute~. Ufu.



(What do I do? As it is, Nagisa will keep on following me around. But, I have my goddess. I have Emi-san~.


...th, that's right.)



Ahem. If you win in a Vanguard fight with her, I'll think about it.



Really!? All right, then let's fight right now!



Sorry. Because of this, you absolutely have to win. Please! My life depends on it!



Grade 0
x1 Blaujunger (FVG)
x3 Round Girl, Clara HT
x1 Three Minutes DT
x3 The Gong DT
x1 Shining Lady CT
Grade 1
x2 Blaupanzer
x2 Twin Blader
x1 Tough Boy
x1 The Screamin' and Dancin' Announcer, Shout
Grade 2
x2 Blaukluger
x2 Magician Girl, Kirara
x3 King of Sword
Grade 3
x3 Stern Blaukluger
x2 Asura Kaiser
(Above are the confirmed cards that we've seen; there are around 23 cards missing from this list, but until complete data can be assembled it should give you an idea of what to expect from Nagisa.)

Facing Nagisa's Blau series deck back to back after Kai's The End makes her somewhat less difficult by comparison. As with The End, Stern can stand itself on-hit and it has less restrictions too because its discard requires three of any Nova Grapplers, but Nagisa takes a -2 in the process and doesn't retain twin drive which helps mitigate her damage somewhat. While powerful when it goes off, the Blau series' evolving ride comes with less guarantees than Kai's Conroe gave him, so it's easier to simply luck into a bad game for Nagisa. Running two types of draw trigger isn't actually in her favor here, since critical triggers would improve Stern's damage output because his self-stand multiplies the amount of damage he can do in a turn by 2, so one critical check becomes like checking two while one draw check is still just one draw check. Because she does have access to Kaiser as a fallback strategy, it's harder for Nagisa's strategy to just outright fall apart, but her deck doesn't have the same Death Army support than Kamui's did so even when Asura Kaiser's skill goes off it's not going to have the same impact. It also contradicts her Stern play somewhat, because she loves to thin the deck with Blaupanzer by dropping her copies of Stern to fetch another copy of Stern and remove a possible bad drive check in the process, but Kaiser wants more grade 3s in the deck rather than less.

Another core weakness of her build is that Nagisa does not have any damage unflipping units, so you could actually let her Kirara's attacks hit so that Nagisa's AI will use up her counterblast early and completely nullify the threat that Stern poses.



I lost...th, that can't be. Kamui-chan!?



Too bad Nagisa. But, this is your lot in life.



...I owe you one! From now on, you and me are best friends!


Me and Kamui-chan's bond will not be cut by this! Kamui-chaan!




Tch, oy. You've got your story wrong! S, so don't go following me to Card Capital.


Kamui-chan wait for me~



Thank you very much. [Player Name]-san. I would like to voice my gratitude on Kamui-san's behalf.


TY yo.

←Part 6